Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's January so I'll post something...

Goodness sakes I'm a dork. Apparently the desire to blog only hits me in January and then quickly fades. Seeing as it is now January, it's fitting that I feel like writing something here. We'll see how long it lasts. I sat down to write in my journal tonight and decided it was too much work to write in my journal and then also send an email update so I'm consolidating to justify my laziness, and am going to try to make something useful of blog.
We were reading the story of the Good Samaritan to Bailey tonight before bed and she asked why he was called a Samaritan. I said he lived in Samaria and was therefore called a Samaritan, just like she lives in American and is called an American.
Her reply: I'm an American??!!??
Me: Yes, you live in America
B: This is America??!!??
Me: Um, yes. We need a map.
B: I thought this was Utah!!
Apparently you can have the Pledge of Allegiance memorized and not realize you are an American living in America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Definitely worth posting and remembering that conversation. Glad to see you're back... :)

Keenan Davis said...

Hey Cheeky Cheeks,
Nice to see you writing for the general public! Funny about Bailey being the unknown American...

Love ya.
Dad (Saggy Cheeks)